Wellness Wednesday: Gene tests can provide health clues — and needless worry

NEWS ARTICLE: An expectant mother learned that a genetic test of her fetus turned up an abnormality. Naturally she was extremely fearful.  It was only after the birth that the doctors confirmed no abnormality and likely never was. Read the full article here.

Scientists have made huge leaps in decoding people’s DNA, but they sometimes don’t know what their findings mean and with thousands of variants, even they can even get fooled.

The medical community often attributes our health crisis in America to our genes…when in reality only under 5% of the U.S. population have DNA abnormalities….the other 95% of us merely have weak genes that lay dormant until (over a lifetime) are triggered by poor lifestyle choices, our environment, unhealthy living, etc,. But by that time, it’s too late to reverse a chronic disease and you load up on medications that treat the symptom, instead of the cause.

Hear more about this fascinating topic and how Dr. Sean’s Integrated Urinalysis Panel (IUP) takes a different approach.  It’s a true EPI-Genetic (e.g. above your genes) profile test that reveals how the environment and your lifestyle choices are influencing your DNA weakness BEFORE illnesses set in.  It’s a standard laboratory performed on each patient in our clinic.

Learn more about the McCaffrey Integrated Urinalysis Panel (IUP).

Browse all our Wellness Wednesday video topics

Elbow Arthritis Treatment